The Okchakko Translator API has several unique features:
- it inherently is well-suited to endangered languages: as much as possible, it is respectul of endangered languages main variants and thus of linguistic diversity
- important: French to Corsican translation gets an average 95% score on the efficiency open test: as a result, it transforms French source text on Corsican text that only requires copy-editing.
- it is regularly evaluated with an open efficiency test that aims at being repeated independently: Okchakko Translator is regularly tested on a random wikipedia sample (100 words) in order to measure accurately its current scoring (see www.okchakko.com blog for more on the efficciency open test)..
- there is a requirement of minimal efficiency before publication of a new language pair (i.e. above 80%)
List of current pairs:
- fr to co-CIS: French to ‘cismuntincu’ variant of Corsican language (current average scoring on the efficiency open test: 95%)
- fr to co-SAR: French to ‘sartinese’ variant of Corsican language (current average scoring on the efficiency open test: 95%)
- fr to co-TAR: French to ‘taravese’ variant of Corsican language (current average scoring 95 on the efficiency open test: 95%)
Here are the parameters that are required to use the Okchakko translator API:
- input (string): the text to be translated: this parameter is mandatory
- action (string): translate: this parameter is mandatory
- target (string): co-TAR for the taravese variant; co-SAR for the sartinese variant; co-CIS for the cismuntincu variant: this parameter is optional. If this parameter is not specified, the translation will be done in the cismuntincu variant of the corsican language.