Now the big question is this: how hard is it to transform a single pair MT (rule-based) system into a multiple pairs ecosystem? To put it in its simplest form: how hard is it to turn a MT system related to a given pair A-B into an ecosystem with, say, 26 languages A, B, …, Z and the corrresponding full set A-B, A-C, A-D, … B-C, B-D, …, X-Z, Y-Z of pairs.
It relies on the two following questions:
- from a given pair A-B, how hard is it to get the reverse B-A pair?
- from a given pair A-B, how hard is it to get a connex pair A-C?
The current list of pairs of Okchakko translator is the following:
- French-Corsican (cismuntincu)
- French-Corsican (sartinese)
- French-Corsican (taravese)